- Hearing Solutions
- Hearing Tests
Casey Hearing is monitoring the Coronavirus situation closely and we are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from our patients.
Our top priority during this pandemic has been keeping the Casey Hearing community safe.
Casey Hearing is still open to service our clients. We are operating under a COVID-Safe Plan.
The initial advice was as audiology is an allied health service that supports other medical professionals, we could continue seeing patients with a referral from their doctor or specialist during stage 4 restrictions. This has since changed. We are currently only seeing patients if the service we provide will help them not lose functional independence.
A drive through service is available so patients do not need to enter the building and we will continue to:
– Post hearing aid batteries to those who need them
– Receive hearing aids that need to be repaired
– Hold phone consultations or email conversations with new or existing patients.
– Support patients with hearing aids remotely
You will be able to:
– Drop off devices in need of repair
– Collect hearing aid batteries and repaired devices
We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit and will continue to update you on any further developments.
In the interests of our collective wellbeing, if you have or are at risk of having Coronavirus, please follow the DHHS guidelines https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
If you have any further questions, we can be contacted